Orama Community Update - August '23
Welcome to the monthly blog series where we bring you up to speed on recent happenings in the Orama community and celebrate noteworthy milestones.
We announced the Orama Open Source Bounty Program
We partnered up with Algora, a beautiful bounty platform that allows contributors to redeem prizes in exchange for an open-source contribution. Algora is already used by some great companies and open-source projects, such as Nuxt, Zio, Cal.com, Trigger.dev, and more.
We experimented with Algora and already granted more than $1,000 bounties in July 2023 only!
Read more about the bounty program in our announcement post!
- Improved indexing time for numeric properties (#435)
- Reduced index size up to 30% (#441)
- Improved threshold API handling (#454)
Check out the Orama releases page on GitHub to learn more.
A few quick shoutouts to the following community members who contributed to this month’s releases:
- Vinicius Lourenço for improving Orama performances and reducing index size
- Matteo Pietro Dazzi for fixing Nextra plugin
- haruncurak for adding support for the Tamil language
- Giorgio Boa for integrating Orama with Qwik natively: https://qwik.builder.io/docs/integrations/orama
Is your organization using Orama to solve interesting search problems? Have you contributed to Orama, written an article, made a public talk or made a YouTube video? Share your success story at firstname.lastname@example.org and claim a box of community rewards as a thank you!
New Blogs, Videos and Events
- Announcing the Orama Open Source Bounty Program
- Optimizing Orama: Schema Optimization
Orama Community Stats
- 6,200+ GitHub Stars
- 330+ community Slack members
- 46 contributors
- 174 forks
- 79 releases
- 96 repositories depend on Orama
- 7,200+ weekly npm downloads
- If you like what you see on GitHub, please take a moment to give the project a star.
- Get started! We’ve made it easy to get up and running with just a few lines of code.
- Join the Orama Slack community, we’re always happy to help.
See you next month!