Orama Community Update - June '23
Welcome to the monthly blog series where we bring you up to speed on recent happenings in the Orama community and celebrate noteworthy milestones.
Orama v1.0.0 released!
We reached an important milestone: we just landed Orama v1.0.0!
From now on, backward compatibility between Orama versions is guaranteed. This means that you can upgrade to the latest version without worrying about breaking changes.
Starting from v1.0.0, we also released some new features and improvements:
- Sort API (#384)
You can now sort your search results by any scalar field, in ascending or descending order.
- Group by API (#398)
You can now group your search results by any scalar field.
- Array Properties (#378)
You can now index and search arrays of strings, numbers, and booleans.
- Numeric properties performance improvements (#389)
We rewrote the numeric properties indexing and search logic to improve performance.
- Fixed data persistence plugin usage on browsers (#399)
- Fixed Astro plugin usage for pages generated inside a folder (#377)
- Fixed Astro plugin build on Windows (#385)
- Fixed document deletion from the storage when the remove function is invoked (#379)
Check out the Orama releases page on GitHub to learn more.
A few quick shoutouts to the following community members who contributed to this month’s releases:
- Matteo Pietro Dazzi for fixing the Astro build process on Windows (#385)
- Leonardo Montini for fixing the Astro build process for pages generated inside a folder (#377)
- Vinicius Lourenço for improving performances of AVL tree operations (#392, #394)
Is your organization using Orama to solve interesting search problems? Have you contributed to Orama, written an article, made a public talk or made a YouTube video? Share your success story at email@example.com and claim a box of community rewards as a thank you!
New Blogs, Videos and Events
- It’s all about the tokens: understanding tokenization
- Orama v1.0.0 is out!
- How I converted a podcast into a knowledge base using Orama search and OpenAI whisper and Astro
- Video introduction to Orama
- Introduction to Orama
Orama Community Stats
- 5,860+ GitHub Stars
- 235+ community Slack members
- 43 contributors
- 161 forks
- 68 releases
- 36 repositories depend on Orama
- 5,100+ weekly npm downloads
- If you like what you see on GitHub, please take a moment to give the project a star.
- Get started! We’ve made it easy to get up and running with just a few lines of code.
- Join the Orama Slack community, we’re always happy to help.
See you next month!